The Family Engagement in Research Certificate of Completion Program is for researchers (graduate students, research coordinators, investigators, clinician-researchers etc.) and families (parents, siblings, grandparents) who have an interest in child neurodevelopmental research. This training program is unique in that it brings researchers and families together in a fully integrated online course. Learners will gain a better understanding of:
- Family engagement in research (why it is important)
- How to engage families throughout the research process
- Barriers/facilitators to engagement
- Ethics surrounding engagement
- Tools and resources to support and evaluate engagement activities
By the end of the course, learners will be ready to partner with integreted research teams.