At a Glance
The SPOR Evidence Alliance Seed Grant aims to encourage a culture of learning, innovation, and advancement of science in the areas of knowledge synthesis, guideline development, knowledge translation, and patient-oriented research by funding methods projects at the conceptual stage.
Only projects studying methodological advancements of guideline development in a patient-oriented research setting will be considered; guideline projects themselves are not eligible for inclusion. Successful projects must have a strong focus on patient-oriented research.
Applicants wishing to apply for the seed grant must be:
- a doctoral student, post-doctoral fellow or an early career investigator (i.e., full-time, independent researcher for a period of 0 to 5 years) at a Canadian institution, and
- a member of the Alliance (prospective applicants are required to complete member registration prior to applying)
Funding for two Seed Grants valued at $10,000 each is available for the 2020 competition.
Advancing the science of guideline development in a patient-oriented research setting.
For the purpose of this grant, guidelines are defined as a set of evidence-informed recommendations related to practice, public health, or policy for informing and assisting decision-makers (e.g. policy-makers, health care providers, or patients). 
- Application opens: August 4, 2020 (12:00PM EDT)
- Application deadline: October 4, 2020 (11:59PM EDT)
- Anticipated notice of decision: December 1, 2020
- Anticipated funding start date: January 4, 2021
For all inquiries, please contact SPOR Evidence Alliance at SPOREA@smh.ca.
For more information: https://sporevidencealliance.ca/get-involved/seed-grant-competition/2020-seed-grant/